What to do after class 12? Like many other fresh 12th passed out students, you also might be asking these questions. Everywhere from across the internet to your seniors. I was also in the same dilemma just after passing out of class 12. Choosing a career option is not tough until you have clarity.
Why things matter that much? Well everyone is having the answer to this question. You will get to know if you try to put your legs in the same shoe as a bachelor student.
What professionals say
According to counsellors the main reason for this confusion which students face and ask questions like “What to do after class 10“, ” What to do after class 12 ” is directly related to the lack of knowledge about various career path, available course, and their career prospects. there are many courses in India that can be pursued irrespective of the stream. Here we are going to list all the course that which you can pursue after class 12. and I am pretty sure that you will get an idea about ” What to do after class 12 “. I will be listing some of the professional course also that you may like to pursue after class 12.
There will be still some students having a lot of questions in their mind, lets see what are those:
- Which course after class 12 is going to offer a bright future?
- What exams do I need to appear in to study for the course?
- Which college should I choose to get better placements?
- Will this course be in trend even after my course completion?
- Should I opt for any professional course irrespective of my stream?
I have listed only major ones but in reality, there are much more questions students get in their minds. One of the most important reasons why students end up choosing an unwanted career path for themselves is because of parent’s pressure and expectations, peer pressure, salary and there are still many reasons alike. Let us see all those options career options respectively.
Career options for Science Students
Students with science stream in their class 12 usually study Physics, Chemistry either with Math or Biology. Many opt for both. Course they can go for are:
Bachelor of Technology aka B.Tech: Bachelor of Technology is a 4-year professional undergraduate degree programme. Currently, it is one of the most popular courses in India. More than forty thousand Institutes are offering Btech Degree. To get admission in Btech Degree the most common exam is JEE Mains and JEE advance for premiere engineering colleges like IIT, ISM, JU etc. Apart from JEE, there are also various state-level Exams conducted for State Government Engineering colleges.
Popular Branches of B.tech Degree
- CSE (Computer Science Engineering)
- ECE (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- EE (Electrical Engineering)
- ME (Mechanical Engineering)
- Metallurgical Engineering
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc): It is a 3-year undergraduate degree and most popular among 12th passed out students with Science stream. Students can choose their specific subject which attracts them the most. The course is considered as a foundation course for students who want to make their career in teaching, research. This course can be pursued in a variety of subjects. I would personally recommend getting an Honours degree with streams mentioned below.
Popular Branches of B.Sc Degree
- Computer Science
- Students should have cleared class 12 with science stream with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized Board. The minimum percentage can vary as per the university requirements.
- Students must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) of Physics, Chemistry and Biology in their Higher Secondary schooling.
Note: There are much more than that mentioned above which students can pursue in their bachelors after class 12 with science stream. Here I have listed only the popular ones.
Career options for Commerce Students
Students with a commerce background in their class 12 can pursue various courses in the areas of Management and Finance as their bachelor’s degree. Here I’ll be listing course which students can pursue after class 12.
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com): Bachelors of Commerce is a three-year degree where students get knowledge about financial accounting, Goods and Services Tax, Economics, Company Law and many more. Students can opt for a formal B.com and B.Com (Honours) as two options. I would personally recommend opting for B.Com Honours because of its demand in the industry.
- Students must have studied commerce in their classes 11 and 12 as their HSC stream with Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics and Mathematics. they should also have English as their main subject.
- Students must meet the minimum percentage criteria for admission.
Bachelor of Business administration (BBA): BBA is a three-year professional graduate degree in which students get to study Business Management and Leadership skills. BBA students have much more chances of getting jobs after completion of their degree than B.Com students. I would like to mention that more than 600 universities offer a Bachelor of Business Administration. BBA is also known by Different names i.e. Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS).
- The candidate should have passed class 12 with a minimum of 55%.
- The maximum age should be 20 years.
- Students who are about to pass class 12 can also apply.
Popular Branches of BBA Degree
- BBA in Business Administration
- Human Resources
- Sports Management
- International Business
- Supply Chain
Career options for Arts Students
Yes, I know many of you will say how many options a student can have after passing out from class 12 with just the Arts stream. But let me know you that the Arts stream also holds the same value as other streams. and for me personally, there are more variety of Government jobs than in other streams.
And what if I told you the most prestigious exam of India which is UPSC covers most of its examinations patterns followed by art students. So here I will be mentioning courses that can be pursued after class 12 with the arts stream.
Bachelor of Arts (BA): Bachelor of arts, most popular among the students of art background, students with interest in subjects like History, Political Science, Geography, Public Services can opt for BA. BA is a 3-year degree having its deep roots in the subjects mentioned above.
Popular Branches of BA Degree
- History (Hons)
- Political Science (Hons)
- Geography (Hons)
- Home-Science (Hons)
- Students should have passed class 12 with minimum 50% marks.
- Students should have completed class 12 with a recognized Board.
Other Professional courses Arts students can opt for
Yes, as I said before that art students can also have various fields to opt for in order to get a job after BA. Those who want to pursue a job Oriented Bachelors course after class 12 can be got for these courses mentioned below.
- BTTM- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- B.A. in Mass Communication (BMC)
- Integrated Law (BA + LAW)
- B.Sc Degree in Fashion, Interior and Textile Design
- B.Sc – Animation (Distance Education) and many more
So We are reached at the end of this article. and I would like to tell you that the courses mentioned here are not limited to the mentioned list above. There are much more than that, what you really need to do is ask yourself about your needs and goals you want to achieve. and Divide those goals into long terms and short terms goals. you’ll how clear the path looks. thanks for being with me till here.